Saturday, July 18, 2015

¡Saludos desde Peru! // Greetings from Peru!


Last night I checked 'learn to merengue' off my bucket list.

Next week marks the fourth week of my medical trip to Peru and I have NO idea where the time has gone! I had every intention of blogging consistently while I was here as I feared I would forget things and wanted to share what I was seeing and doing at the hospital. But then we went surfing. And then sand boarding. And then...you get the idea. I promise to share everything with you guys once I get home!

In the meantime, I just wanted to share how grateful I am to be here and how blessed I feel to have had this opportunity. (Have I mentioned we don't have hot water? Four weeks down. Two to go.) This experience has truly been life changing. My heart is open and full.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog. Anyone who sit down to write is doing a great thing. Writing is hard work. Great opportunity to live in Peru, I'm from Brasil next door. Been in the U.S. for a long time. So you asked me what I think: your blog to me is feels like a kind of journal. You write about your experiences and somewhat about your life. Cool. Blogs are like living evolving things, the only thing you have to do is to be consistent and write frequently. I've been blogging for 2 years now and have changed my point of view a lot. I fist started writing about diabetes, just because I needed to pick a subject and thought it would be nice. Then I started 3 other blogs and the same time. Now I migrated them all to one site www.tmspace.me. because I like to write about a variety of subjects I feel more free to have a site about nursing, health care, diabetes and whatever else comes to my head. I'm fee to write anything I want.

    So I learned that with blogs is really about expressing yourself. Some people are trying to create a brand or a corporate identity (they think that maybe later they can make some money with it) but the net is over saturated with that kind of stuff. I just write for the fun of doing it. Put my heart in it and that's it.

    Bogging is also about networking. I meet and interact with other people. Blogging lead you into that, or it should. A way to connect with your community in whatever subject you engage.

    You may consider getting your own domain and hosting if you want have a better google indexing. But for a journal blog, Blogspot is fine. Bottom line the focus should be your writing. Even if no one reads it should be good.

    Visit www.mtspace.me and tell me what do you think. How is the job market for nurses in Austin TX. I might have to go there to get a acute care job. It really sucks here in CA for now.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and commenting, Marcos! When I started Nurse Meets Practitioner, I was looking for a medium to share information and my experiences in an effort to network and empower other nurses. Safe to say I'm on the right track?! Thank you for the advice re: obtaining a domain and hosting...right now this blog is a not-for-profit, creative outlet, but who knows what the future holds. WOW on maintaining 3 blogs and then merging. I looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete