Thursday, January 15, 2015

Treat Yo Self



Nurses are the WORST at taking care of themselves. Not voiding for 10+ hours, skipping meals, working double shifts, the list goes on. Sure some of these things can't be avoided all of the time, but what's your excuse when not at work? Or when not in school?

Self care was a struggle for me as a new nurse and it has reared its head again now that I'm in graduate school. Truth be told I'm a little anxious about school starting next week. I'll have a completely new schedule of classes and clinicals to balance with work and laundry and everything else "adults" do on a daily basis.  But this year I am resolved to take myself off the back burner more often and practice better self care. I am going to treat myself more often because not only do I deserve it, I need it. We all do.

Today was my treat day.  I got my hair done, did some shopping, and grabbed drinks with a friend. I woke up tired, but will be going to bed refreshed. I encourage you to take a minute to nurture yourself, whatever that may look like. You deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment